What does fostering a dog involve?
When you foster, you agree to take a dog into your home and give him or her love, care and attention until the dog is adopted. The foster home is responsible for the food, however, the rescue covers medical treatments, flea medications and heartworm preventatives.
Why we need foster homes?
There are many reasons a dog needs to be placed in a foster home. Some of the reasons include:
- We do not have a physical shelter and depend on foster homes to care for the dogs until suitable homes are found.
- A dog is recovering from surgery, illness or injury and needs a safe place to recuperate.
Why should I foster a dog?
Fostering a dog is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have (other than adopting, of course). By taking an animal in need temporarily into your home, you’re:
- to allow more dogs to come into the program
- giving your foster dog the time it needs to be ready for adoption
- helping us learn more about the dog so it can find the best possible forever home
How do I sign up to foster a dog?
Click the icon below to be redirected to FormSite, our selected forms processor. This is where you complete the online Application to Foster.